Monday, February 11, 2008

My First Post

Blogging was the internet technology that I was most looking forward to learning when I signed up for this course. Though I am still working out the kinks, I am excited about implemently a blog in my library and introducing it to my teachers.

I would like to create a book review blog for my library and school. In the past I have tried to have students write short book reviews for me to publish in the school newspaper. This wasn't successful, because it wasn't required. It is my hope that the students will see blogging as "cool" and want to give it a try and see their writing published on the web. I have already spoken to a few teachers who seem interested in working with me in getting this blog rolling. The best recommendation a student can receive about a book is one from their peers.

As the information specialist in the building, it is my role to introduce and teach new technology to the teachers. Once I become more adept at using blogger, I would like to offer a professional development training to my teachers. I would assist them in creating their own blogs and offe them suggestions of how they can implement blogs in their classrooms.

Sharyl

3 comments:

Noor's Blog said...

Hi Sherly
THis is Noor,that is really wonderful that you got this idea for the blog book review.i hope ur students will find it cool and work out this time.

Maryanne said...

Sharyl,

Having the students write book reviews on a blog sounds like a great idea. The best part would be having other students who had read the book make comments on the original post so that anyone interested in the book could see a multitud of viewpoints.

Dr. Burgos

jtohlson said...

Wow, I didn't even realize the other uses for a blog. You are right, this idea is great. We can use cross-cur. activites through the blog, for example during my WWII unit we student Anne Frank, in ELA they could read the book and post thier reviews on my blog. Wow... P.S. This is Josh